June 21, 2014

Wedding Planning Update



L and I went to Queenstown last month. Nothing like a trip away to get your mind off wedding planning!








I really don't write on here much.

SO SLACK! SO SLACK!



Come on, M. Seriously.



Anyway, on with the blog post.


A lot of people have been asking how the wedding planning is going.

Well.

Let me tell you.

It's going!


I often forget that I am constantly doing little bits and pieces.
It doesn't seem like I am, but TRUST ME, I AM!


I finally, FINALLY, got most of the samples from Wedding Paper Divas, it took FOREVER!
Because of the massive delay I decided against buying my invitations from them (duh!)
That's stress I do not need.

So instead, my friend Aimee is helping me design them.
Which is super super kind of her and which I'm very grateful for.


I actually prefer it this way, as we can customise absolutely everything about them.


I want certain colours and wordings in the invitations.
For example, I don't like how they write out: TWO THOUSAND AND FIFTEEN.
I prefer: TWENTY FIFTEEN.
Just makes more sense if you ask me!


Aimee and I did one session of invite designing on Monday and they are already near completion.
That is due to two things:
1) Aimee being a TOTAL PRO at designing stuff
2) Me knowing exactly what I want.

Put those two together and BOOM! You get stuff done!



Onto other things.

I've also been asked to outline what I want from my wedding/what I'm excluding.



To give you a bit of an idea, I'll just list of a few things.

- L and I don't enjoy dancing so there will be no dancing at our wedding.
Why you ask?
Well, whenever I go to a wedding I will BEGRUDGINGLY take a spin on the dancefloor. I will enjoy, maybe, five minutes of it. I will then go back to my seat and sip water and chat with people.

At my wedding, do you really think I'll be allowed to dance for five minutes then sit down for the rest of it?
Just picture it!
Of course not.
I will have to keep dancing with everyone.
Ugh, no thanks.
It's "My Day" according to people so I'd rather not dance.

- No alcohol
I really don't think it's necessary. I went to my cousin's wedding which was alcohol free and it was amazing! I really enjoyed it and not having alcohol just made it that much cooler! Almost like a hipster wedding!
L and I are big fans of sparkling grape juice so we will be downing that at record speeds, I'm sure.
Sparkling grape also gives the effect of alcohol if you drink enough of it (super spazziness and light-headedness, that is). So people can get there kicks from the sparkleyness if they really need it that badly


- No flowers at the reception
Two words: Too Expensive.
I love flowers as much as the next girl, but I am giving myself the challenge of creating centerpieces and decorations that are flower-less. Not only will it save A TON of money, but the centerpieces will be easier to tidy up and they WON'T DIE! WHAT A PLUS!!!!!!



I'm starting to look for wedding dresses next month so I'll be sure to update this blog once I've done that.

If you have any questions or suggestions please leave a comment below!!! x








DAYS TIL THE WEDDING: 260


No comments:

Post a Comment