April 11, 2014

Introduction


Greetings to all who have stumbled across this blog!

Yay!

New blog!


To be honest, I have a feeling this will be a lot like The Girl That Eats All The Chips, as it does, after all, have the same author. But I am hoping that this blog will actually serve as a way to document my journey to the altar. And also maybe, just maybe, give other people some ideas and helpful tips for their wedding journeys as well.


First thing's first.
A bit about me.

I'm going to try and remain a bit more anonymous in this blog (as much as I can anyway).
I'm going to go by the name of M, which is inspired by Gossip Girl, and is actually something that people have called me in the past.
In fact, my older brother, a devoted GG fan, enjoys referring to me as M.
I have been engaged to me fiance, L, (that is what we'll refer to him as) for a little over a month.

I'll save our story and the way we got together for another day. It's quite cute.

Well of course I would think that.



I think I am quite a forward thinker. I like to have things sorted well before they need to.

So even though our wedding is in March next year, L and I have already started planning.




So far we have confirmed:

  • Guest List
  • Wedding Date
  • Booked the Ceremony Venue
  • Booked the Reception Venue
  • Booked Photographer
  • Booked Officiant
  • Booked Hair-stylist

We had most of these things done within only a few weeks of being engaged.


I don't know about you, but I like feeling like I have everything under control.
I don't want my wedding to become this huge creature that is out of control and stressful.

I want the lead-up to the wedding to be a happy and fun experience.



I don't really ever enjoy planning things so I'm trying very hard to stay motivated and positive.
L is going to help me along with that.



Currently, L and I are looking at wedding invitations.

I'm not 100% sure what we are going to do, but lately I've been looking at Wedding Paper Divas.
They have a lot of cute ideas and last night I ordered some free samples.

Yay! Can't go wrong with free samples.



Does anyone have any tips about wedding invitations?

I considered making my own but after my experience of making my own Save the Date cards (more on that later), I decided against it.




I think that'll do it for this installment, thank you so much for reading.


Please feel free to leave your comments behind, all suggestions, advice and recommendations are warmly welcomed. 



Love,
M xx







1 comment: