March 06, 2015

Bride Brain : One Day To Go









Well OH MY FLIPPIN GOSH!

The wedding is TOMORROW.


This is not a drill. This is NOT a drill.



The day everyone who has been reading my ramblings has been waiting for (because after tomorrow I won't talk about weddings so much anymore, hahahaha)


I probably shouldn't be writing a blog right now, but I wanted to write down how I feel.



So how do I feel?



Well. I am anxious.

Not because I'm getting married, but because it's a very big day and there's a lot to do beforehand.



Well, actually there isn't THAT much to do.


I have not had a wedding week crunch.



Once we get the reception all set up and I pack for the honeymoon and write my speech, maybe I'll feel a bit more relaxed.


I don't want people to bombard me with questions tomorrow.


Hopefully they won't.


I've tried my very best to be as organised as humanly possible.




I've been calling L a lot in the last 24 hours, many things to discuss, check up on, run through etc etc




If I could give any advice from my current position, I would say the following:



  • People will tell you they aren't coming, I have had a number of people do this in the last few days.

My only living grandparent, my Grandfather on my mother's side, is no longer coming. So that's disappointing. Also a really close friend of mine had a work issue happen yesterday and he is no longer coming.

That's just how it goes.


  • Get your parents to rent a car
Mine didn't do this and BOY do I wish they did. Yesterday I was driving them all over the place and I was exhausted by mid-day. I had a lot of stuff to do for the kitchen tea plus I had planned to do the wedding favours, and my needing to drive around really cut into precious organisational time.

Get your families to rent cars. Please, just do it.

You'll be so happy you did.


  • Delegate delegate delegate
I realised yesterday when I was about to pass out from exhaustion that my lovely fiance is actually right there to help me if I need it. So I asked him to pick up dinner for me, instead of, once again, driving around to get it. I am so sick of driving.

And of course, he was happy to help me.

It's hard to ask for help sometimes but in the case of your wedding week, just do it.

You can delegate other tasks to people as well, its all about lightening your own workload.

My friends Briar and Katie, and L's mum Christine were all a big help to me yesterday.





I don't know how today will go, but I'm hoping it all runs smoothly.



My wedding is tomorrow.

Oh my goodness.


It's very exciting but also quite scary, because it is a big day and things can go wrong.

But if things go wrong, I'll just have to be okay with it. As long as I marry L, I'll be happy.



Tomorrow will be a good day.



It won't be perfect, but why would I want it to be?



Perfect is boring. :-P










 Here are some pictures of my hens night and kitchen tea.
Very big thank you to the organisers and attendees of these events!

xx
















DAYS TIL THE WEDDING: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment