August 21, 2014

August Update









Hello lovely people,

Apologies for my lack of writing lately.

I've been waiting for my friend Aimee to send me some snaps from the engagement party.
I don't have them yet but I'm certain I'll have them before my next entry.



So I figured an update was in order.

I originally started this blog so I could read it later and follow my planning process.


Unlike some brides I've heard of, I am planning all the time.
And I am NOT leaving it to the last minute.

I plan at least a little bit every few days, and the wedding is forever plaguing my mind.
I mean, not plaguing, happily-filling!

Yes, that sounds better.



So since my last entry, my parents came to visit L and I and we had our engagement party.

The party was a lot of fun.


It was basically "The Staggered Party That Wasn't Very Staggered"


Our plan was to have people pop in and leave between the five hours that the party was on.



Some people did this.

Most people did not.



It was actually really sweet how long some people stayed.


Though I'm an introvert and I found all the socializing UTTERLY EXHAUSTING, it also made me feel like the cat's pajamas.
Many warm fuzzies in my heart that day.

What awesome friends and family L and I have!

I will put up some pictures when I get them from Aimee.




Furthermore, my mother accompanied to the wedding dress store, along with Aimee, and they both saw me in my dress.

It wasn't like what you see in the movies.

My mother didn't get all teary and give me a hug.

She didn't say, in an emotional voice: "My daughter is getting married"

She told me there was a mole on my back, and that I should probably get it looked at.
She also advised me to start doing sit-ups to flatten my belly.
Eventually she agreed that I looked nice.

Ah parents.


The wedding dress was all paid for so that's one more thing off the list!


My bridesmaids dresses were also ordered sometime before the engagement party.
We went with simple blue floor length gowns.

I ended up ordering them from Light in the Box, the same place L's sister got her bridesmaids dresses from.


Earlier this week, THEY ARRIVED!


They looked tiny, and I actually started stressing that they wouldn't fit the girls.

This is the first time I really ever stressed about anything since L and I got engaged and I had such a horrific time trying to book wedding venues.


My mind was flying. I had to phone my bridesmaids and talk to them about it.


They assured me everything would be okay.


I decided I would send their dresses to them regardless.


Oh, in case I never mentioned, both my bridesmaids live outside Dunedin.

One is in Christchurch, the other is in Auckland.



Both L's groomsmen are in Dunedin.

So unfair.



Anyway, so I fastposted the dresses to the girls and I was informed the next day that the dresses did, in fact, fit them.

APART from the armhole, which is tiny.

But in the grand scheme of things, I think that is easily fixed.


Since we paid extra to get the dresses custom made to the girls' measurements I would have been pretty devastated if they didn't fit right.

But lo and behold, they do.



All is right with the world.



This weekend L and I are going to go look at suits.

We've also written out thank-you cards for all the people who got us engagement presents so we'll have to start getting those out.


We've only handed out two thirds of the wedding invitations as well so we need to get onto that sooner rather than later.


Phew!


It sure is a busy time.



L still hasn't done the jobs I delegated to him: booking honeymoon accommodation and wedding day transport.

Hopefully he does it before my next entry.

One can only hope.








DAYS TIL THE WEDDING: 198


No comments:

Post a Comment